People place their belongings in storage for a variety of reasons, but one thing always remains the same: Your possessions are valuable, and it is important to protect them during the time they are in storage. Extra Room Self Storage offers MiniCo short-term insurance coverage to protect your belongings while they are stored at any of our three conveniently located facilities.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about MiniCo insurance coverage, or our available storage options, please call us at 854-854-1462 (Myrtle Beach), 843-405-2357 (North Charleston), or 843-894-4406 (Pawleys Island).
What Is Self-Storage Insurance?
Self-storage insurance is a short-term, immediate-effect insurance policy to protect your belongings while they are being stored. Your valuables are not covered by our facility’s insurance policy, so it is important to retain coverage of your own. We require proof of insurance coverage as a part of our rental agreement and offer MiniCo as a convenient and cost-effective insurance option for our customers.
If you have questions and would like to speak to MiniCo directly, their toll-free customer hotline is 800-544-6464.
Benefits of Self-Storage Insurance
- Your coverage starts immediately – Your MiniCo policy goes into effect the same day you enroll and pay your first month’s premium payment for fast protection for your valuables.
- Premiums can be conveniently paid with your rent payment – No need to make a separate payment!
- Zero-dollar deductible – Most homeowners or renters policies have a deductible of hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. A MiniCo self-storage policy comes with a zero-dollar deductible.
- Replacement cost coverage – Some insurance policies value your belongings based on their original cost, but your MiniCo policy covers the actual replacement cost of your valuables if they are damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage – MiniCo insurance protects items under a broad umbrella of causes, including fire, lightning, explosion, smoke damage, windstorm, hail, cyclone, tornado or hurricane, weight of ice, snow or sleet, earthquake or volcanic eruption, sinkhole collapse, landslide, water damage (excluding flood damage), burglary, riots, vandalism or malicious mischief, aircraft or vehicles, falling objects, collapse of buildings or any part thereof, and rodent or vermin damage (with a $500 limit).
- Quick claims – MiniCo provides fast service through local claim adjusters and their knowledgeable in-house claims department.
- Economical coverage rates – Storage insurance coverage is reasonably priced, starting at only $9 per month, with a variety of available coverage limits.
Why Choose Extra Room Self Storage?
Extra Room Self Storage is your locally owned storage solution. We are committed to providing friendly service while helping you store your belongings in our state-of-the-art, conveniently located facilities in Myrtle Beach, North Charleston, and Pawleys Island. All customers have 24/7 access to our clean and safe storage facility, and you’ll receive your own personal code to enter the security gate.
Multiple sized units are available, including climate-controlled indoor storage and outdoor storage for vehicles, RVs, boats, and other oversized items. We also offer boxes and packing supplies for sale on-site, to further assist in safely packing, moving, and storing your belongings.
Protect your belongings while they are being stored with a MiniCo self-storage insurance policy, call Extra Room Self Storage at 854-854-1462 in Myrtle Beach, 843-405-2357 in North Charleston, or 843-894-4406 to in Pawleys Island.